Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dakota Dean

Why do you have red hair?
Why don't you look like anyone in our family and instead more like an 80 year old man?
Where do you get your personality from?
And, will you always make those crazy faces that make me smile?

And although I can't answer these questions with anything even remotely reasonable, I can't fathom loving an individual more than I do you. You are filled with so many smiles and happy giggles. You are ticklish beyond belief and super playful. You love to ride on my back at the pool and you are my favorite boy to invite into my bed for a snuggle. You are obsessed with swords, bows and arrows, and guns. And every night during Daddy time you are the star of the story about a knight who slays dinosaurs and dragons.

For your birthday you picked three swords out from the store for your gifts, two from Wal-Mart and one from Dollar General for a grand total of $4.00. And for your cake you want a dinosaur cake. Everything you do is pure boy and I can't help but think you are especially adorable as you pass through every phase. You are constantly chasing after your brothers and sister trying to keep up and do everything they do. And you are so good at so many things because of it. And you can't help but be a bit spoiled as there are five people acting like your mom and dad. You are my last little one and as I watch you grow I just feel happy to know that you are the best part of your dad and me.

Happy Birthday buddy, you're three now and practically all grown up.

No comments: