Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I Can't

Even as I say this, I can hear our family motto richocheting around inside my head, "We don't say can't; Whitings can do hard things." So I am changing my post to For now, I can't....
  • keep a shirt clean to the end of the day,
  • go shopping with 4 kids without coming home exhausted and frazzled,
  • seem to teach my two young boys that hitting is not okay,
  • wait for school to start
  • imagine what it would be like to be well rested
  • believe how busy I am
  • remember everything that I should remember,
  • lose 10 more lbs.,
  • seem to stay within our grocery budget,
  • and I can't believe that is how Mockingjay ended!

3 comments:

Mendy said...

Mary, if I had your number, I would so be calling you right now. You are the only other person I know who has finished Mockingjay. I have reread the last page like 6 times.

Adams said...

I'm getting caught up on my Mary blog! You may feel exhausted but you are just a ball of energy in my eyes. I should be more like you. I LOVED Travis' note in the last post! Besides it showing what a good man he is I loved how it told of your family "codes." Every family has their own sayings and words that mean something just to their family. I loved reading your guys "sniper mode" and "water and not fire" Love it!

Sommer said...

It sounds like you are in a funk. I think that's ok to have those days or weeks or however long they may be. Being a mother is hardwork... especially to four kids!! Hang in there Mary, things will get better and you are an amazing mother and wife!