Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Joy

It's silly I know but there is something about the ocean and the sand and the softness of that sand in breaking a potentially bad fall that sends me into gymnast mode. And it's silly that I can't be at the beach without spending half my time upside down. And I'm embarrassed and flattered that another group of beach goers gave me a round of applause for all my little stunts. And though I only feel joy at the time, my heart hurts just a little when I see the pictures and know I was never as good as I wish I could have been. But all that it takes to turn that attitude around is a quick trip to the backyard trampoline to relive the joy of floating through the air weightless and free and once again I am filled with joy at being able to fly.

7 comments:

Adams said...

Holy cow girl! How old are you? I can't believe you can still do that at your age! Seriously! I think I just put out my back by just watching you do that!

ambyr said...

I wanted to cry when I saw these pictures. I felt so happy inside that someone feels and acts the same way I WANT to when I see a wide open space or a trampoline!!!!! I totally went back to a tumbling class after I had my second child... insane right? so much fun!!! except that I CAN'T jump for long on the trampoline cuz I pee all over myself.... I know... so sad. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

whitney allison said...

Are we seriously not going to talk about your boobs? I feel like you're ignoring me.

Sommer said...

You look so so so so good Mary!!!

We Three Queens said...

Oh sure, show off. I'm thinking I don't want to be your friend anymore. I'll ponder what I should do about it for a while before I completely decide.

Unknown said...

I LOVE that you can do a split!! You are AWESOME!

candice said...

GO MARY!!! Amazing flexibility you freak of nature!!! Also, much respect for posting bathing suit, tumbling, splitting photos of yourself!!! Way more guts than me...