Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Boston, Massachusetts - Part 2

The second day in Boston was equally exciting. We went to the Boston Children's Museum. It was the best museum I have ever been to for children. It was three floors of kid wonderland entire rooms dedicated to bubbles and they made huge bubbles, construction, music and sound, smart board technology and tons of other stuff including simple tools such as a pulley experiment where you try to pull yourself up. Although unsure if I could do it I rocked this out pretty easily. The only down side to this place was the shear amount of kids was a bit overwhelming making some stations crowded and the lack of attentive parents with their children.After the museum we spent a little more time on the Freedom Trail, but the kids quickly fizzled out and so we went to visit the Boston Temple. It was so magnificent and the landscaping was some of the best I've seen in a while. Including this tree that I found that I am in love with and would now like to plant somewhere in my yard. But I don't know what it is, so if any of you gardening/landscaping geniuses who read my blog want to help me out, comment and tell me what it is.
After touring around the temple grounds, we were all famished and so we went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Once again me kids have never been. And of course we finished our meal with a triple chocolate cheesecake piece that even with everyone in our family eating we still couldn't finish. And I had this awesome dinner of pasta with shrimps, scallops, artichoke hearts, peas, tomatoes, spinach, and all kinds of other yumminess. It was AMAZING. After that we went back to the hotel, my favorite hotel as I mentioned in my earlier post. And how could you not love a hotel that in each room has mini kitchens perfect for a family living in a hotel and oodles of restaurant leftovers stacking up. The next morning we left, but in my heart I knew I would come back to visit this city again. So long far Boston.

4 comments:

ambyr said...

WOW!!!! that looks so fun and so beautiful. how wonderful that you guys get to travel to a ton of places around you that are so amazing. I'd have to drive 10 hours to get somewhere out of texas!!! looks like yall have a blast.... I'll be looking forward to the time when I don't have to work around nap schedules.... that may be another 7 years if I want more children!!! are you guys done having kids??

Lindsay said...

Great pics, Mary! Love the vaca blogs. My best guess on the tree is an Angel Trumpet tree, which is actually a shrub. It's not hardy in our area. Probably why it's in a pot in this picture. Maybe it's put inside when the weather gets cooler. Let me know if anyone else can identify it. Very cool looking!

Mary said...

Bummer on bummer, it is an angel trumpet, it is tropical and so would need to be brought in, and totally toxic every part including the flowers and leaves. Urgg, but it so pretty.

Carl Avery said...

Cool Guys,
Hope you have fun, my parents and family are vacationing in the cape right now too. They go there every year! Enjoy.

Carl