Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Reminder

I use my blog to act as a reminder and recorder of my life. Nothing illustrated this more perfectly than when on Tuesday night I was at one of Bella's friend's birthday party. Her grandparents were there and since we are pretty good friends, her grandpa had come up to me and asked, "How are you? What have you been up to? Anything new?" To which my immediate response was "Good, I'm good. Same old thing nothing exciting." He tried to draw a response from me and asked "What did you do this weekend?" To which I hemmed and hawed and tried to remember. It took me like 5 minutes before I could remember. Five awkward minutes where I felt like a retard for not being able to recall my own life even two days ago. So this is my life in photo and blip form.
On Friday we had Travis's work party.
Dinner at Good N' Plenty and a show, Joseph, at the Sight and Sound Theater

Saturday we went to visit my dad and step mom.

And of course the goats too.

Saturday afternoon I met up with my niece-in-law for her 30th birthday.
We did 30 ways to pamper her and it included lots of junk food and spa stuff.

My sister in law and other niece in law and I wait for Chera to have a facial.
Aren't they gorgeous?

I turned all of these into frozen or canned tomatoes.

With the help and company of my mom. See the jars in back all finished.
23 Quarts later.

After my mom and I stayed up till 5am talking, Bella brought me this note.
Isn't Travis the best?

After reviewing my cute note, I met up with a friend to go peach picking.

Issac turned out to be my MVP helper at this job.
And now as you can imagine I am doing a whole lot of canning of those peaches.

4 comments:

ckw said...

Wow that is a pretty sexy picture of myself. YIKES! If I find a better one I'll send it to you. I look 30 and fierce! AHHH! So glad you could come. It was so fun having you with us. Afterall, you are the life of the party.

whitney allison said...

You didn't tell me your dad had a horse.

Carrie said...

Tomatoes! How I wish I had a mom that I could can with! Last year I canned everything with my brother-in-law but now he is on his mission. I miss my canning buddy; Andrew just isn't the same.

candice said...

LOVE the note! Travis is so great!! Especially the "sniper mode" and "be like water, not fire"!! You're lookin' foxy babe!! Great job on the weight loss!!