Monday, October 6, 2008

Was It Just Me?

Or did Conference really just rock this year? Most of you reading this know exactly what I am talking about, but since I have a couple friends who don't here is the gist. General Conference happens twice a year in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Mormon Church, where the prophet and other apostles speak to the members of the church.

I started Saturday morning and I was in a mood, a not great one. Anyway...as I sat around the computer watching my live stream it took no more than a few minutes for the spirit to surrond me. It felt like a bulky, fuzzy, worn out sweatshirt put on first thing on a cold morning or like climbing back into bed on a rainy morning. Honestly that is how much of a physical reaction I had to conference. And this was before I had even started listening to the words and messages. Of course it only got better and I was amazed at talk after talk. The afternoon session on Saturday kept my expectations going.

Then on Sunday I actually dressed and went into the church because I was giving a lady in our ward a ride. Although we were a little late, I was even more astonished that they could create within me an even stronger spiritual reaction. The afternoon session on Sunday was also good and I felt sad that is was ending already and that I had six more months to wait for it to occur again. Talk after talk was a step by step intructional guide for me and it came at a time where I am excited to embark on a self improvement journey.

So really was it just me or did the rest of you feel as amped about all this?

8 comments:

Panda said...

mary! for some reason, your awesome visiting teachers don't have your contact info :-/ would this thursday morning--around 9:30--work for a quick one?

John and Jennie Hair said...

I have to agree with you!! This past conference was amazing. Every message shared was just what I needed to hear. It's incredible how that happens isn't it! I felt like the general theme with all of the speakers was to have hope and be happy and enjoy life. I loved it!!

Candace said...

I had to work this weekend and so I didn't get to see it...but I have heard nothing but good things so I am looking forward to seeing it online at some point. I can't wait!!!!

Stacy said...

Yes I to had a great weekend it was so good. I feel that I will be a better mother if I will just Live in the Moment.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I love that you loved conference. I really took for granted how easily accessible it was to hear it. Here they will broadcast it at the Stake Centers although way too many people with little aircon for me to be able to listen, so I got a friend to copy to cd for me. Wont have it till next week. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I can't wait.

Rachelle said...

um yes...it was very, very GOOD. i loved it! and we too watched it on our computer.

candice said...

Amen Sister!!

Panda said...

um...cancel the vt tomorrow...i'm watching cousins kids while one of them gets a cat scan. see you sunday (or fri?)