Friday, October 17, 2008

I Am Weak

I know that I am crazy, silly, stupid what have you, but today I could no longer resist. I had to give in. The anticipation had been building for days. It was all I could think about. It started about a week ago, but then the weather got really warm again and I forgot about it. Yesterday a new weather front was coming in and as I felt the change in the air I kept going to the piano and playing a few bars and then this morning the chilly air was here.

And so after much internal debate I pulled out my Christmas CD's and jammed for a bit. A new favorite is Jewel Christmas which I got last year. Thanks Elizabeth and I love you. Publically recorded for everyone to hear. The emotional constipations has been unblocked thank you. I sang my heart out. I gave into my love for the holiday season that is kicked off with Halloween. I know I'll have to put them away shortly because otherwise I'll be tired of them by Christmas, but man I feel like the biggest relief has come. Whew.

Forgive me for I have sinned. Christmas music in October.

7 comments:

whitney allison said...

Ain't no shame or blame in that! I've been sneaking around looking at Christmas ornaments and so so so hoping for Halloween to get here already so the real festivities can start! I can't wait to decorate! And yesterday I was looking in the shops at my work and there was this cute little advent calendar so of course I thought of you.

Marissa said...

Jewel is my favorite and her Christmas CD is the only one that gets me into the Christmas spirit. I love it.

Biz said...

'Atta girl. Let it flow.

ckw said...

You are sick! Just kidding- it does seem a bit early though, but I'm glad it made you feel better. :) Do whacha gotta do?

Hey- and how do you do that thing with your blog list to show updates? THX!

We Three Queens said...

Heck Mary, I play Christmas music all year long. Just ask my kids. I don't play it all the time, but if I feel like it, I do it. It always relaxes me and stirs memories. I too am weak!! Isn't it great!

Anonymous said...

Mary!
I saw the comment you left on moms blog.
I miss you guys!
tell the little ones hi for me.
love, Em

Panda said...

i never know where to respond on these things.... the pumpkin stand was right next to the railroad museum in strasburg. the address there is 300 Gap Rd; Ronks, PA 17572