Monday, October 13, 2008

My Favorite Time of Day

It's the little moments that make life. Each day I understand this just a little more. And it was made very clear last night as Travis called to me from the living room "House is on". This is a show Travis and I have taken to watching lately.Prior to two weeks ago, each night was ended with us falling into bed at the end of the night with no energy to talk. I don't really know how it started, but Travis and I are now well into a habit of DVRing House. And each night as soon as the kids are in bed, we fall onto the couch together instead. And we cover up with a big, plaid, flannel comforter and sometimes fall asleep and sometimes stay awake, but at least it is something we do together every night. It is my favorite time of day, the time I carve out for us instead.

8 comments:

Mindee Graver said...

I agree. My favorite time of day is at night when its just Benj and I laying in bed talking or on the couch watching T.V. or a movie.

I miss you guys! Benj got to see you Wed. and Saturday, no fair. Are you gonna go to Chera's?

Anja said...

Tim and I do the same thing, we DVR all our shows so we can watch them together whenever we have some time, usually after the kids go to bed. It's so nice, even though we are just watching tv, it's our time, and time to unwind!

Anonymous said...

We do the same thing and we LOVE House!! :) I have some of the earlier seasons if you're interested!

whitney allison said...

House is a great show and unwinding under a blanket with some good TV is awesome. You look really good in that picture.

Mendy said...

Aw, my Michael and I used to watch House together. Boo hoo for me that now he is either not home or working at home and I must watch it alone. I do love the rare night when I get to put my feet on him and we watch a movie or something (or I try to wriggle my feet under his butt, but he hates that).

Adams said...

That is really sweet, Mary. You are probably laughing at me right now but I hope you have let Travis read this. It really was sweet.

Adams said...

I meant read your entry...sorry

ckw said...

Awesome! I love DVR! And "house" too- that is one of our shows too- the other is Jon & Kate- I think we talked about that.

Anyways- cute pic of you two- so cute and so perfect together. :) YAY for spouses we STILL like and enjoy being with! WOOHWOO!