Saturday, August 25, 2012

Some of My Favorite Things...

...come in a dozen.  If you know me at all doughnuts, flowers, eggs, condoms (there's a whole story behind this), pastries, bread, rolls, cookies etc -It's like a whole categorical problem for me-, but moving on....apostles, and lots of religious symbols, and time (months). Never thought I'd see the day where apostles and condoms were in the same sentence, although technically it's a run on and if properly editted would likely be two sentences, but I digress.

But my very favorite thing is my marriage.  A short 8 days ago Travis and I celebrated 12 years of wedded bliss.  We've lived in 5 states and many more homes, some we loved, some we didn't, but we always made a home where we were.  And they were filled with love and laughter, tears of joy and pain, lots of baked goods and straight chocolate.  We've had amazing years and some that were not as good.  We've had scary months and fantastic adventures.  We've literally logged tens of thousands of driving miles and even more flying miles playing get to know you games with one another until we've exhausted every last bit of history of our life before we met one another. 

I've been raging mad at Travis and deliriously happy.  And every moment of every day since I got married twelve years ago I've always thought I am the luckiest woman in the world.  My life with Travis has been the longest stage of my life so far and hopefully since we got married so young our love and this stage will break records.  Because with him by my side, I want to be one of those old (100+) couples shuffling down the walkways of a very nice assisted living facility holding onto one another outlasting the current world record couple's record of almost 88 years.  Die already Chands and give the rest of us a one in a million chance - will ya?  But that chick was 13 when she got married and that my friends is just a touch disturbing.  But I digress again.  It's a bit of a problem.

I guess the point is, I love this guy.  And I'm so glad he was home to celebrate it with me because there is no one I would rather spend my time with.  Love you babe, Happy late Anniversary! XOXO

No comments: