Friday, April 16, 2010

Bring Me Flowers

Many men have wooed me with flowers. None so proficiently as Travis, which may be part of the reason I married him. And while we were apart during our engagement for four months, he would send me flowers with regularity counting down the days till we were together again.Now I am wooed, but by a boys even more frequently and I gladly give them my love. Every walk we go on, my boys rush along grabbing flowers; dandelions, tulips, pansies, whatever the parks, fields, and yes sadly sometimes my neighbors yards behold, I recieve. Aren't they sweet? I love those chubby hands.And then my best bud and neighbor brings me flowers from her own garden and I feel the love of friends and of God in the beauty of nature.

1 comment:

We Three Queens said...

There's something about flowers that just brightens up your day. A friend of Emile's sent me flowers the day after I got out of the hospital. It was so nice receiving them. Sometimes I consider sending some to myself... then I don't do it. Oh well.