Thursday, April 29, 2010

Roll Recipes Published

Grand Champion:

2 C. mashed potatoes (can use instant - or pearls)
2 C. milk
1/2 C. melted butter
1/2 C. sugar (1 C. if you are making the cinnamon rolls)
2 t. salt
1/2 C. warm water
2 T. yeast
1 t. vanilla
8 1/2 C. or so flour (option whole wheat flour)
2 eggs

In a saucepan mix first two ingreds. Heat to 110F to activate yeast. Put this in the mixer and add butter, sugar, salt, water, yeast, and vanilla. Let sit for 10-30 minutes untill foamy. Add eggs and 4 C. flout. Beat until smooth and continue adding flour until dough pulls away from the bowl. Knead for about 10 minutes. Remove dough and place in greased bowl. Cover and let rise to double. Let rise 2-5 times. The more times the better the texture. Form into your favorite rolls. Place on greased cookies sheet, cover, let rise until double, and bake at 400F for 10-12 minutes.

Cinnamon Roll Filling/Glaze:
3/4 C. brown sugar
3/4 C. white sugar
1/2 C. flour
2 T. cinnamon

3 C. powdered sugar
1/4 C. melted butter
4-6 T. milk
1/2 t. vanilla

Honorable Mention:
5 C. flour
1/2 C. sugar
2 t. salt
1/2 C. oil
1 C. warm water
3 eggs

1 heaping T. of yeast and 1/4 C. warm water

Dissolve yeast in water in mixer, add remaining six ingredients, knead for 5 minutes. Rise to double, punch down, roll, cut out with circle cutter. Dip in melted butter and bake at 375F for 15 minutes.

And Rhodes Bake N Serve bread products impressed me once again not with their food this time but with the world's best customer service. I decided I would let Rhodes know about how much I love their rolls and how I mentioned them on my blog and they decided they would like to sponser the prize for the winner. They mailed out a hotpad, a free product coupon, some $1 and $.50 off coupons, and the best - a Rhodes Roll cookbook. I'm not going to lie. I totally wanted to keep this. And in addition they sent me some coupons for promoting their product. I love this company. Seriously if you haven't tried their bread - go do it now. It'll make you a believer.

3 comments:

Adams said...

It pays to give compliments!
And I loved your "trike" post...very cute...well, sad....but cute!

We Three Queens said...

I love Rhodes products. I've never been disappointed with anything I've purchased. They really are a great company.

whitney allison said...

Ha ha, how funny! That's so cool that they sent you all that stuff. There rolls are delicioso!