Saturday, January 29, 2011

Wyatt, Wyatt What Can I Say

Today is your birthday. You are the embodiment of perfection most of the time. You are so sweet and kind. You are lovable and affectionate, quick with a hug or a kiss. Yet, you are enthusiastic and hop around excitedly when watching TV or playing video games. You are one heck of a wrestler even just this past week pinning each of your three opponents.

You seem to be amazing at most everything you do. You are special, that's for sure. You aren't afraid to conquer the world. You can't wait to go on a mission for our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and you spin the globe in the living room and put your finger down and say that is where you will go. But secretly you want to go to China. You want to be the first missionary allowed in the country to proselytize and I think you would be so good at that. And when I hear how hard Asian languages are to speak I think that suits you too since you are so smart.

You love to imagine all the possibilities of your future and one day you want to be a rocket scientist and the next an inventor. Other days you want to be the one to cure diseases, a chemist, and still others you want to be something totally different still. I love that your imagination goes on forever.

And you know what I love most about you? It is how much you love daddy and me. Each night when I tell you I love you more than anyone in the world, you either say or ask, not as much as daddy. I love that my love for you means so much. I hope that I am always worthy of your love because it is some of the strongest I know. You are growing up so fast and soon you will be smarter, stronger, quicker, funnier, kinder and better than me in a million ways and I can't wait to watch it happen. You give me confidence that this next generation of my family will be even better than the last. I love you!

2 comments:

Laura Lynn said...

Happy Birthday to Wyatt. He really is a great kid! I hope you guys have a great day together!

Christie said...

What a sweet tribute. You have a nice way with words, Mary.