Sunday, January 23, 2011

Addendum to Post About Feminism 1.18.11

Today while at the church library, I walked in to have some copies of choir music made. {No worries I have all the appropriate copyright documentation.} The man behind the counter asked me how many copies I needed made. I told him 16. I asked if he wouldn't mind bringing them to me in the chapel when he was done since it would take some time and I was directing the choir. He said no problem and asked since they were multipaged copies, "Would you like me to staple them for you?" I hmmed for a moment pondering the benefits of stapling vs. loose leaf when he quickly replied "Or not, I know how women now days don't like men to do for them what they can do for themselves."


This just further lends support to my argument that the feminist woman has confused the men around us. And just let me clarify that I would love for a man to do for me what I can do for myself in the name of offering up help or service. Yes Mr. Librarian Man or Resource Center Worker I would love for you to staple my copies [add charming smile and lots of praise]. To which he happily smiled. Men want to help women. It's innate, biologically caveman days driven. And guess what, I want that help. I want to be taken care of, call me a kept woman - I'll take it as a compliment.

2 comments:

Laura Lynn said...

I was meaning to comment on your previous post about this. I am still formulating my thoughts.

I can never say that I am a feminist. Even though there are positive aspects to the movement - most of which I agree with, it has also brought about side effects that I think helped the decline in marriage and the rearing of children.

I'll get back to you on this subject - a good one for an after shopping lunch!

Adams said...

Probably my favorite post of yours!