Sunday, October 3, 2010

September Wrap Up

In reverse chronological order, September included, a family dance/birthday party. Of course Rico Suave, or Issac as we like to call him in our house, found the prettiest girl there and they danced together. Actually very cute! And Wyatt broke out his mad dance skills shocking some of our friends who only see his reserved side. He can do a mean robot.
Also earlier in the day we went to Dutch Wonderland, a child amusement park similar to Lagoon in Utah. It was tons of family fun and perfect weather. We rode tons of rides and took in a show. It was set up at a pool and included divers. I think I found a new career for next summer. Although the lead girl was good, I'm a better diver - I'm just pretty sure people would rather see her body in a bathing suit though. Kody was excited about many rides, including one Frogger ride which I tried to talk him out of. After the ride began so did his shrill crying and I caught it on tape with my maniacal laughing in the background. Yes I am that mom who may on occasion enjoy seeing a child cry, it's amusing -okay.
The Monday before that some friends invited us over for barbecuing and we played on their community playground. I had pictures of them, but they deleted while trying to format the stuff. And quite frankly I am too lazy to re add them as well as a cute picture of Travis and me at Dutch Wonderland. Back to the playground though, this was the fastest slide ever. Quite crazy, but great for my older adventurous kids.
Wyatt lost his first tooth with much less drama than Bella's. He just ate apples until it was so loose I ceremoniously ripped that sucker out. Ignore the fact that he is shirtless. It is a constant battle with the boys around our house especially with nice weather.
Also it is/was apple picking season. I picked me some apples, 26 lbs or so. I made apple pie, applesauce, and we ate apples like crazy. The kids don't even have to ask for this snack.
Dakota got another birthday present in the mail, from Nana. It was a great rebounding punching bag that the three boys attacked with much hula pa loo for several weeks. Also he got expanding dinosaurs and trucks that have turned into great bath toys.
And for Labor Day we headed up to my sister's cabin. It was great fun. Proof I am with my family is the occasional picture of me. Always with at least a kid or two hanging on me, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Kody loved the view from Hyner and seemed to have no fear of the huge drop from the wall or the mountain. I'm just happy when he is happy. I don't worry about anything else, fall schmall. Additionally while we are up there I drink the best water in the world, at least that I have ever had. Where does it come from you ask? Oh, straight from the mountain side. While up there we always spend a lot of time shooting guns, fishing, looking for wildlife, and reading, well that's me anyway. This trip was no different. In our driving around though we spotted this lovely cabin/shed? I really don't know, but the porch was decorated with hanging squirrel pelts. And even me, with my extreme open mindedness towards hunting and weird outdoorsy behaviors, found this to be a little too Deliverance for my liking. Hopefully I don't hear a banjo anytime soon.

Hope you had a banging, he he, September too!

No comments: