Monday, October 18, 2010

Grown Up Christmas List

Ludicrous that Christmas is just over 2 months away.
My kids have been telling me what they want
and they are getting antsy to write Santa a letter.
And I can't help thinking about some things I would go bonzo over this year.
So here it is my very own Christmas wish list.

1. My basement to be finished. (Namely carpeting!)
2. A new digital camera. (Mine is on the fritz, hence pictureless blogging.)
3. One extra shelf for my laundry room.
4. New loaf pans. (Current ones are rusting.)

And now you get to weigh in.
What kind of camera would you get?
I love the Nikon D5000, but that's a cool $600-$700.
And I worry that the bulkiness of it and the lenses
would prohibit me from carrying it everywhere.
But I need a 5X opitcal zoom minimum.
And something that can take and load pics quickly
for those rapid snapping times.
Anyone have sometime they are in love with?
And hopefully closer to the $300 range.

5 comments:

Crystal Wilcox said...

Mary - I have the Canon Power Shot Elph ... and I LOVE it! I've had mine now for about 2-3 years, so I know they have newer models than mine, but I believe it is in your price range. Good luck!

Hil said...

Check out the Panasonic Lumix, I have an older model and love it my old model has 10x zoom, the newer model has 12x it is a small camera, and it takes beautiful pictures. http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-ZS7-Digital-Stabilized-3-0-Inch/dp/B00395WIXA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1287409828&sr=8-2

Anja said...

I have a Lumix also, it's a nice point and shoot with a nice zoom as well. I would love a fancy camera, but I don't know how much I want to carry one with lenses around all over the place. Maybe when my kids are a bit older and I won't have to lug it all over!

Carrie said...

If you get the carpet of your dreams and want to DYI, Andrew would be happy to come to lend a hand installing it. ;)

Sarabeara said...

She is right the Cannon Power shot Elph is a great camera. You have to make sure you get a good one though for $300 you will be sure to love it. It takes great pics and it has some fun functions too.