Thursday, September 30, 2010

I've Learned Lately...

(or relearned in some cases) that:

school can be let out early because of lots of rain,
Manheim has severe weather.
(In the three years we have lived here there have been 2 tornadoes, 1 earthquake, several large thunderstorms far and above typical east coast stuff, lightning striking my back yard and blowing out hundreds of dollars of electronics, and seriously high winds, damaging my tramp)

when I don't have time for blogging I feel creatively frustrated,
when I can't read others blogs I miss my friends,
and having friends come visit me from out of town is the best thing ever.

having lunch with friends is the best stress reliever ever,
Museums really were meant for rainy days,
and Travis really is hands above the rest in husband material.

Bella really loves school and will cry if she is too sick to go,
Issac really likes Pre-K despite his complaining everyday to me about its boringness,
and Wyatt has a secret desire to tap dance.

i will bend over backwards and drive myself into the ground to help/serve other people,
when my family is sick to just get lots of movies and blankets and cuddle in the living room,
and even then i will not get near the rest i need or want.

to always be grateful because someone will always have things worse or better, but no one will have exactly what I have,
decorating my front porch for holidays makes me happy,
but creativeness in all areas stretches me to the limits of my abilities.

to enjoy the moment,
and that the more I follow God's plan the happier I am.

2 comments:

We Three Queens said...

Thanks for this post. You always have a way of bringing things back into perspective. You are a wonderful woman, Mary.

Adams said...

Beautifully creative!