Monday, March 15, 2010

It Did It Again

I know that at some point I blogged about Daylight Savings kicking my trash. Well it happened again. Not only after my own mental reminder but more than a half dozen reminders last night, I forget to set my clocks forward. And in the morning, on Bella's birthday, I didn't remember. So Travis woke up and made pancakes for Bella, upon her request, but the kids slept in, and then we casually ate, and were playing with Bella when I popped on the internet to check on something and was horrified to realize that it was 9:45, the time I should be leaving to get to church on time to lead choir practice. Well Travis was ready but that was it. And so in ten minutes I got totally ready, give or take the doing of my hair - blasted flat iron can't be expected to heat up so quickly. I got Bella ready and what was to be curly hair on her birthday ended up being straight - flat ironed actually since her much thinner than my hair doesn't require quite so much heat.

I left Travis high and dry to get three boys ready and himself in less than 20 minutes, clean up the kitchen for breakfast, and bust it to church himself. Well choir practice went well, Travis arrived on time, early actually for church and all felt calm. Hooray maybe it wasn't too bad after all. Then last night we celebrated Bella's birthday. At cake time it was almost 7pm. I snuck one bite before my 7pm Lent deadline of eatting. I gave everyone else cake and made my way over to the computer to once again check my email. Holy Mother of Mary. How did this happen again. We still never changed our clocks. What was almost 7pm was actually almost 8pm and that is the story of how I broke lent, screwed up Daylight Savings repeatedly, and felt a bit stupid.

1 comment:

Biz said...

I HATE messing up Lent!!! BOOOOO.