Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Good, Because of No Labor

Today was quite a spectacularly perfect day. I started the day off with a restful ten hours of sleep. The first in a long time. The kids came and cuddled in bed for a bit before Dad took them down to start breakfast and I read for a while. Then I came down and made myself an omelet and cut some fresh cantaloupe.

We were invited to a rather new friend's farm where we had plans to barbecue. But first up we got to take the kids on pony rides. They love horses. Then I was asked if I liked to ride. I love to ride and she just happened to be looking for a riding partner to help get her horses in shape. I now have a standing weekly appointment to go horseback riding. Then we BBQed. After eating we got down to some real farm work. We moved rocks, cut down a tree, burned the brush pile, gathered eggs from the chickens, etc...

Our kids well past nap time were behaving good and we skedaddled before things came unhinged, but Kody beat us at the end with a minor meltdown. We came home for late naps. I also took one (I love sleep) and read some more. Travis made dinner - Terriyaki meatballs and rice. The kids and I came down from naps, ate, played, bathed, and we put them to bed.

I also caught up on some things I've been meaning to do around the house: folding laundry, sweeping and mopping the kitchen, mowing the back yard. Happy restful day. (Pictures to be added later. My camera is on the fritz)

2 comments:

Adams said...

I love hearing of Daddies taking care of Mommies. I'm not sure they understand just how much we appreciate them doing something so simple as letting us sleep in.

candice said...

You get to sleep 10 hours, read, take a nap, your husband cooks breakast and dinner... how do I get a pass into your world?!! I didn't think it was humanly possible to sleep that long, that only sloths could do it!! Green with envy, need to work on commandment #10!