Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Good Bye

So I'm officially a little sad. Labor Day has come and gone and already this morning Issac has asked about the pool. I tried to let him down easily by saying it's too cold for swimming but the reality that even if it was warm the pool is now closed.We made some good memories this year and I considered it one of the best investments we made.
Pretty much every sunny day at some point you could find us there. And a whole lot of not sunny days too as long as it was warm.
Already I can see our tans fading and that makes me sad because I look good tan, sans the copious amounts of freckles that fill my face.
But is also makes me sad because it means long summer days are coming to a close.
Already the constant kid chatter that exists outside is gone with the start of school. I love those happy noises.
And the world's best kid distractor is no longer an option.
But at least I have a whole album of pictures to help me remember.
And best of all I have next summer to reinvest in a pool pass, the best thing I've discovered for family fun so far.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Way cute pics, Mary!! What an adorable little family you have!!
Hey, will you send me your address? I have a quilting opp for you since fall is coming!! Send it to cherimoss@hotmail.com.
Thanks!!!

Campbell Family said...

Haa, the Lazy Days of summer will be missed!

Mindee Graver said...

I had the same sad feeling this weekend. On Sat. Ashley left with all the kids to feed them dinner and I ended up staying as long as possible. So sad our pool days are over for the year... Well now we can look forward to jeans & t-shirts, pumpkins, corn mazes, Halloween, my b-day, Thanksgiving, and before you know it Christmas!

Beckie said...

So cute. Pools are so much fun. We have a friend with one, so we enjoyed some time occasionally.

jaime said...

I totally agree... I am missing the pool too. We have this weekend yet,but not sure it will even be warm enough to enjoy.