Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm A Mom

I know this seems ridiculous, but sometimes I forget it and am surprised all over again to learn it.

Case in point: Today I was eating tortilla chips with a black bean salsa, such an awesome recipe (shout out thanks to Solviej, lovingly called Silver by Issac). Kody comes toddling up to me mid handful of chips and wants one. I have just eyed the perfect dipping chip. I immediately hand it to him. Then the shock of it hits me and I'm a little surprised at how easily I gave it up. Now he doesn't need it for dipping so the chip wouldn't have mattered. But that is such a mom thing. I gave him the thing I wanted most, the thing I had deemed best because that is what mom's do. They sacrifice the best stuff for their kids willingly and happily.

Knowing that I would give my kids anything I have is just another happy moment in motherhood.

2 comments:

Anja said...

you are just too positive for your own good! I wish I could say the same for myself!

Sommer said...

I love how eloquently you put things, if you didn't have kids I would insist that you become a writer/journalist or something. I have that same shock every now and then, I think Holy cow, I am not married with kids.... this is just a dream. I feel like a little girl playing house sometimes =)