Saturday, February 27, 2010

Potty Trained???

I don't know why anyone ever came up with that term. Because after just potty training Kody, my fourth and presumably last child, I have come to the conclusion that there really is no one specific way to train them. Each of my kids did it differently. When new parents to toddlers ask for my potty training advice I offer only this: gently prompt them, wait till the child is ready, and be reasonable. I do not want a four year old with a big poopy diaper near me, do you? "Kody - Toaddy - Toddler" now uses the potty all by himself. He picked up this new nickname because he is now a toddler because: He tells me ahead of time when he has to go without me having to remind him, We have started making extended outings in diapers, and he is waking up dry during naptimes and mornings. I can't believe we have this all wrapped up and he is not even two and a half.

But for those who are discouraged or prompted to compare, remember this, I have a four year old who has been potty trained for almost two years who still can't sleep one whole night without peeing so he still wears diapers to bed. It's all about the child I tell you.

3 comments:

Anja said...

yeah Chase was the easiest kid to potty train, now I have a stubborn daughter who I thought was ready, but I'm pretty sure is not! So, we've put a hold on the whole ordeal for a bit! Congrats on your accomplishment!s

Laura Lynn said...

So true but then again I don't really know. Jon potty trained all of them except Trae. I think I may have to help out on that one, ha ha.

Solviej said...

Yay for no more nappies, oh I mean diapers! Mailei is doing really well too, except she can make a real mess with the toilet paper;)