Saturday, February 13, 2010

Family...Isn't It About Time

This is the logo of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints commercials. Our church is all about eternal families and making time for families now in a busy life/world. For me this is relatively easy. I am loving spending time with my kids. And one of my favorite things to do is read to them. I read most everyday to the kids before naps. But the other night before bedtime I decided to read to them all since it has been forever now that two of the four are in school. Travis sitting on the other side of the room caught the vision of what was going on and was smart enough to capture it in photos to remember forever. This is why it is important to spend time with your kids, I just don't think they will ever get enough of it. Just check out the intensity on their faces to have this undivided attention. And ignore my reading face.

1 comment:

We Three Queens said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I used to love reading to the girls. We'd all crawl into my bed and we'd each pick out a couple of books and away we'd go. I miss that. I'm still given the opportunity to read with Brie... but not as often as I'd like. The girls are getting too old and it's not "cool" to listen to mom reading books anymore. So sad. Now I read to great nieces/nephews... and look forward to someday reading to my grandchildren.