Tuesday, September 23, 2008

One Perfect Day After Another

Autumn is upon us. It is my favorite season for many reasons, if you need them enumerated go to my "100 things to be grateful for" blog. It lists some of the highlights. But I am sure that you can imagine them. The weather is magnificent with one low to mid seventy day after another. I look outside and all I see is the sun shining in every corner and nook of the rolling hills of central Pennsylvania. The humidity is low which is a rarity for these parts, but makes it even more appreciated when it happens. The wind blows slightly off and on the whole day through making open windows feel like a bit of heaven. And the scents that waft in are mostly pleasant as I smell my neighbors dryer vent blowing a clean laundry scent, fresh cut grass from a couple neighbors down, and what seems like a exotic flower scent – I don’t know where it is originating from, but I’ll take it. I love spring, summer, and winter, but autumn makes me physically smile at nothing at all.

3 comments:

whitney allison said...

I whole heartedly agree! I love the crisp air and it always seems to come just in time.

Alissa said...

Amen sister. Florida sucks for this very reason. You wouldn't know it's nearly October. Fall is a joke here.

Candace said...

I'm with alissa on this one...texas doesn't have fall either. what I wouldn't give for a good old pennsylvania fall day. thanks for sharing, because as you described, i could see, smell and hear. i miss home.