Monday, September 8, 2008

Bedford Springs Resort

Total luxury. It was very fabulous. The hiking trails, spa treatments, outdoor fire pit, and absolute absence of responsibilities was amazing. The library. One of the coolest rooms in the resort in my opinion. It had real wood jigsaw puzzles, amazing book collections, checkers, etc... I loved the ambiance. There were tons of little rooms and nooks and cranies like this throughout the hotel.
This is just part of the hotel at night of course. I couldn't find any angle that could capture it all. It was amazing at night all lit up. The resort was built in 1796 so it has this amazing old time classic Americana feel with all the amenities of the 21st century. We got upgraded to a front room. So we had one of those balacony doors with an area for sitting.
Travis and I getting ready to leave. Thought we'd capture the gist of the weekend, laying in bed all weekend. Not really, but more than I ever do at home. The bed was quite fantastic.
People from Travis's company kept asking if there was a car show there? I tried to expain that "no, the people who come here just drive these cars." I know a hard concept to grasp when you are looking at 100,000 plus dollar Bentley's and Rolls Royce's. It really was awesome.

4 comments:

whitney allison said...

That really does look awesome. Where is it?

Mary said...

It is in Bedford PA. On the turnpike midway between here and Pittsburgh.

Beckie said...

Oh how romantic! I am so glad you and Travis got to get away.

Amber said...

Looks like the sweet life to me! CONGRATULATIONS!!