Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Music Therapy

So today I was driving home from the Pediatrician's office. I was feeling sorry for myself for a slew of reasons, none important, and probably easily summed up in that I have my period and I am just generally feeling crappy right now. Man I am not used to this having always in the past been pregnant or breastfeeding and the likes. Anyway... I am feeling down and a song comes on. A song from my past. And all I want to do is dance. Like crazy dance. And so I do, because it'll make me feel good and who cares. So I swerve over to the side of the road because it's Lancaster County and no one is really behind me or likely to pass me because all roads are back roads and I blare the stereo and I get out of my car and dance. Yes crazy pulsating, gyrating, close to seizure having movements. I am more uncoordinated than ever, my body having betrayed me after childbirth with it's different proportions and feel. And with some of the extra weight I am carrying, a wild move tends to continue long after I have with my waves of fat floating to my extremeties. But all that aside I didn't feel self conscious. I felt great. I felt worry free. I felt like me again, spastic as ever, but always prone to enjoy life. Who knew? Someday I may just open my own music therapy clinic, because I can't imagine feeling any better than I did today.

6 comments:

Staigerfamily said...

I would have loved to have seen this! You are so funny. I am completely impressed that you ACTUALLY pulled over and just crazy danced. . . outside of your car. . .I am completely cracking up. Love it. Sounds like a blast. Would I have the guts to do it? not likely. But I love the IDEA of doing it!

candice said...

Ditto to the previous post!!! Very few people make me actually laugh out loud, by myself, in front of the computer! I'll admit, we have dance parties at our house. I figure it is better for them to see me dance around than scream and throw things!!! Mostly, I love the description of your moving body parts! I can feel the fat waves on my body as I'm running. I hope someday to not reverberate! Your honesty makes me love you more!!! BTW, I don't think your kids are midgets! I just think we grow GIANTS here!! I can't believe Kody is a year old already! Seems like just yesterday you were in the hospital after just having him and Travis was at home with vomiting kids! You came home from having a baby to sick kids. It was no big deal to you! You're so TOUGH!! Allie asks me about my "vitamins" too! I don't think she quite gets it, not like Bella does!

Beckie said...

I want to dance with you! Maybe my gloomy could would disapate. Missing you.

Biz said...

What do they always say? Dance like no one is watching.

You should call me.

Stacy said...

Mary, Mary, Mary, All I can say is I wish I was there and had a camra! Oh how I miss you around here.

ckw said...

Let me just say I love your blog- always interesting to read. No, really- very cool. I love all your thoughts, etc. Also, nice wallpaper. Again, so good to see you guys today. Blog to you soon!

PS- Nice pict of Travis in the side tab, I bet he LOVES it. :)