Friday, September 12, 2008

But I'm the Dad

So Travis is in Texas. Before he left he told the kids to be good and he told Wyatt that he was in charge and that because he was the oldest boy he had to be the Dad and help Mommy out, etc...

Anyway this morning Issac is flying a paper and string kite Bella made for him. And in his enthusiastic flying it starts to come apart. Wyatt comes and tells me. I say it is fine, and he shouts, "No, it is not." Where upon I tell him he can go to the corner for talking to me like that. He promptly does so and while standing in the corner says, but I'm the dad I can talk like that.

I stiffled my giggles, wondering where he learned something so silly. Because Travis next to never yells and it's even more rare that it is at me.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh how I laugh. I so remember when that was my Taylor. When Mike had to go out of town he told Tay the same thing but it was at bed time that it came out. Tay told the girls it's time for bed NOW! and if you don't go to sleep you will get a spanken from me. Oh those were the days. :)

Mindee Graver said...

Don't lie, we ALL know that Travis yells ALL the time, and mostly at YOU!! That is funny, Wyatt always has the good sayings:)

candice said...

Don't try to keep Travis' raging temper a secret Mary! Wyatt is getting a little taste of what a power trip feels like! He's the boss, you know! What is so funny about it is it's not like Wyatt or Travis! We know who's REALLY the boss of your house!