Sunday, September 21, 2008

Asian Kissing Fish Hit New York Via Pittsburgh

So this weekend we went to Pittsburgh to visit a friend from college. It is always a good time for the kids and lots of fun for me too. This weekends highlights include Guitar Hero competitions, Five Guys -yum-, and my very favorite activity Asian Kissing Fish. http://www.asiankissingfish.com

So lately I had been hearing this hype about these fish and a new pedicure idea. In the paper I read this whole article on these fish that suck dry and dead skin away as a new and superior exfoliating pedicure or manicure. As soon as I saw it I was stoked. I wanted to try it and I didn't have any reservations. So I tried calling some local spas and I couldn't find any who offered the service yet. I figured it must still just be a big city thing and that I would look into it more later.

When we went to Bedford Springs, a huge spa resort, I asked them about it. They said that they too didn't offer it and my massuese offered me reasons why she didn't think it would be good. I asked her if she knew anyone around who did and she did not. I was feeling frustrated again by another dead end. I had put it from my mind and two weeks later headed to Pittsburgh.

I get there to visit my friend and her brother is there on his way to New York City for a big Convention Center Show. What is he doing at the Show you ask, Asian Kissing Fish. Oh yeah the pedicure fish that I had been hearing all about. I was stoked at an oppurtunity to try. He was super generous and let me try despite the late hour and his leaving for New York early the next morning. Keeping in mind this was one tub of many he had so there weren't as many fish as you get in a pedicure treatment, and that the water had been treated with medicine to help the fishy travel across the country better.
It was the coolest sensation ever. My feet came out so much softer, my hands even more so. This despite the fewer fish and shorter time. It didn't hurt at all actually felt really good. It is still pretty new, and he is the third distributor in America. I was the first person in Pennsylvania to receive the treatment. I told him how much I loved it. And he taped some small segments to possibly use as a testimonial on his website. I am ridiculous so beware if you ever see it. Movies are not in my future.

Regardless it was the best thing ever. And I can't wait till his Asian Kissing Fish become way bigger so I can go have it done again, this time with hundreds of fish, relaxing music, and no kids in my lap and running around wildly. Things have a way of working themselves out after all.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

I have heard about it. I would think that it would tickle. Did it? I am so ticklish on my feet I 'm not sure if I could do it or not. It sounds kind of cool though.

Biz said...

I have a question. The phrase, "my masseuse..." Really??

Campbell Family said...

Ohmygosh, I've seen this on T.V. too, and I totally want to try it. I think it sounds really cool. How fun that you got to try it!

whitney allison said...

I saw it on the web a month or two ago and it really does look cool. That is so awesome that you got to try it before practically anyone. You win, I'm jealous.

Alissa said...

that's crazy! i heard about this on the news a couple of weeks ago... i'm not sure i'd be so brave.

(good to see you blogging! mind if i stick around?! feel free to do likewise)

Anonymous said...

Never heard of this before, but it seems soooo cool! I would totally try it too. Let me know when you hear about it in our area... till then I'll just live vicariously thru you! :)