Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kody's First Birthday

So Kody's birthday was Monday and he turned one. My baby is one. It's bittersweet, mostly sweet though. Just like these delicious chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I just don't do the cake thing for one year olds. Too much mess for my neurotic self.Kody opened cards first. Loved them. I am not sure why, but he did.
Next he opened his presents. Anti climatic really since he had picked it out earlier in the day at Wal-Mart. Played with it at home half the day before we wrapped it for him to unfurl in pictures. He still loved it though and the paper was fun. Look at those lips, I love to kiss 'em.
At first Kody was all shy with the cupcake. He would barely dip his finger in the frosting, lick, and repeat. Finally after I was about to put away the camera he started clawing at it and then this. Perfection.
Once he was all finished he kept saying, Mmm. Mmm.
Kody is the best baby ever. He is so mellow. Just so sweet and perfect. Parenting him is usually easy. He will cuddle when he is sleepy (as long as I am standing). When you greet him after naps and nightime he gives the best kisses. Sometimes when I am holding him he will start to pat and rub my back like he is soothing me or putting me to bed. And lastly my favorite little habit that he has taken too lately...when I take him in his room for nap and night time we do the cuddle thing and he will pull on my sleeve or collar of my shirt till it is stretched to his nose and he will rub it back and forth sniffing audibly. I am thinking of making a rag of my old clothes so he can have the scent of me without stretching sleeves and collars. I don't know though it does make me feel special to be sniffed so thoroughly and see how pleased he gets. Kody is pure perfection and it seems a perfect ending note to the baby years in our house. Love you buddy.

8 comments:

Mindee Graver said...

You are so lucky to have such a good baby, well not so much baby anymore. I still can't believe he is 1. He really is a cutie, and I love that he "smells" you, so sweet!

Oh, and I love the new page. I've been thiking about updateing mine as well, just haven't had the time.

whitney allison said...

He is so big and he looks so much like you, it's crazy. In the picture where he has his hands on his toy that face is SO you. What a sweet boy.

Biz said...

You've officially guaranteed him to be your most difficult teenager. Good luck with that.

Kirsten said...

So cute...I love that post. That age is so great and lovable.

Campbell Family said...

ahh, what a sweet, sweet post. What a cutie!. Birthdays for 1 yrs olds are kind of anticlamatic, yet, so great, don't you think?

Beckie said...

He is so cute! I can't believe a year has flown by already. Maggers will be one in a month.

laura said...

Being without internet for a couple weeks makes for a lot of blog catch up. Looks like you guys ended the summer with a lot of fun. Beach looked awesome, the two-seater outhouse totally freaks me out, bella is so grown-up, the grape video-adorable, your house looks beautiful! Your one year old is precious in every way!

ckw said...

YUMMMMY- CUPCAAAAAKES! Priceless picts of the 1st b.day.