Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Graceful

When I was young at one point I thought I wanted to be a ballerina. After asking my dad if I could take ballet lessons he said, "Mary, I think you have to be graceful to be a ballerina." Not long after that I turned to gymnastics and it remains my "true love". I cry while watching it at the Olympics still to this day.

When Bella started to express interest in extra curricular activities I gently steered her toward gymnastics. She didn't really take a liking to it. And asked me one day if she could take ballet instead, as well as Karate. Although saddened to see her interests were different than mine, I knew I didn't want to make the same mistake of forcing on my children those things which I wished I could have pursued more{cough, cough - piano lessons}.So after putting Bella in ballet she has blossomed in confidence, beauty, poise, and grace. I love watching her dance. Her recital was Saturday, as well as mine, and she has never looked more radiant. And although I was denied the oppurtunity of being a prima ballerina, I live through her and think she does it much better than I could have anyway.
See if you can pick her out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bella looks so cute! Good luck with the ballet. She's makes a beautiful ballerina!

whitney allison said...

I LOVE her tutu. I would have been so excited to have that. I never got to have a "long skirt" as I called them when I was in ballet. What a beautiful girl.

We Three Queens said...

Oh Mary, Bella is so beautiful. She does look graceful. As for trying to pick her out... I'm going to guess that she was the one at the end of the line when they all formed a line shortly after the beginning.... standing just beside the boy. It's hard to tell, but that's my guess.

Jenny said...

Bella is So beautiful! She looks so poised and graceful.