Friday, June 11, 2010

Last Day of School

Instead of dealing with my sadness at another year come and gone and my kids growing far to fast for my liking I'm going to catch up on all the things we've missed.

The Pool Opens - we spend all of our free time here.
Nana sends us an unexpected gift - a karaoke machine. I'm sort of excited to try this out.
{Thanks Nana!}
Our Poconos Weekend, 6/5-7/10, warrants some writing. We loved this trip, chilling as a family, hiking through the mountains, exploring, overdosing on Smores, and seeing the local culture. Yes that is a real scarecrow in the garden. And yes it is the world's smallest - one man - chapel at one of the local cemeteries. I can't wait to go back!
13 lbs. of picked strawberries later, I have jam, pie, frozen, and fresh berries at my house - YUM!
Class parties and Field Day - While cheering on the little Kindergartners of Wyatt's class for field day, another mom mentioned to Bella's teacher -the class next to ours-, she [referring to me] really knows a lot of the students. Bella teacher says, "Well yeah, she volunteers in here a lot." And that sums it up. I love my kids and I am not content to send them to school and miss out on a huge part of their life, so into the school I must go, often toting two other kids along. The other students dote on Issac and Kody smothering them with attention. And those two little charmers eat up all the feminine attention.

2 comments:

Adams said...

I've never had a strawberry pie but that sure looks good!

Sechrist Family said...

I sure wish I could pick strawberries! Produce really sucks in Vegas! Congrats on your kids being so dang smart!!