Friday, August 15, 2008

US Womens Gymnastic Team

Call me silly, but every Olympic year I cry. Almost always while watching gymnastics. Not full out bawling or anything, but a tear or two of shared joy or pure sorrow as with the case of Alicia Sacramone this year. It continued as last night Nastia Liukin took gold and Shawn Johnson took silver in an unprecedanted first. Although the thought that neither of these girls is over 100 lbs or 5'2'' is crazy, they are a fountain of physical strength and I am green with envy. Good job girls and team USA.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I to shead a few tears last night. It also takes me back to the time I use to compeat in gymnastics. I loved it it was so much fun. When I watched them it makes me wish I could do it all again. But after three kids I'm not sure I could get my body to move the way it needs to. HA ha

Jenny said...

They are so toned and have such control of their bodies. Amazing! I might be skinny, but I'm not very fit. So jealous...

whitney allison said...

I was so glad they came out on top even with the less than fair scoring (or so it seemed to me.) I think I might have misted...I'm not sure if a tear fell but I definately felt terrible for poor Alicia on the team finals! Especially because in qualification she totally flipped right onto the beam like it was nothing.