Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Let Me Always Be This Happy

I can feel the numbered days passing too quickly for my liking. Time is robbing me of my moments as it whizzes by regardless of how much I wish it would stay perfectly still.

And so sometimes I just have to toss out my to do list and invite my children into my bed for stories and naptimes. And instead of sleeping when they do, I have to watch them and reflect on the days that have brought me here, and savor the moment by rubbing their backs, tummies, and hands while they sleep relishing the warmth and softness and the innoncence of youth. And when I think life can't get any better I have to sneak out of bed to grab my camera and capture what I know my imperfect mind will never be able to hold onto - this moment.

1 comment:

Adams said...

You are making me want to crawl into bed with my little ones!
Once again, I love the way you write.