Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Women In My Life

When I think of the women in my life right now two main ones come to the forefront of my mind. Both of their names start with A. One is Anya the other Audrey.
Why are these women so important to me?

The answer is simply. In the harried and fast paced life of a mother of four kids under the age of seven and only five years and some months apart a women needs a babysitter on speed dial for those sanity saving moments. These are my two.

Audrey is my after work hours weekly babysitter for datenight and other evening events. She is like the older sister my kids wished they had especially Bella, but as such she also gets added sass from them since they are so close.

Anya is my homeschooled, middle of the day babysitter and this particular weekend's warrior. She is the almost adult second mother. I know that she is old enough to lay down the law, but the kids still love her.

And yes I am in the Poconos with my husband, kid free for just under 48 hours. I trust these girls, I depend on these girls, and I love these girls as if they were my own very grown up children.

The other women who have made this weekend fabulous are the lovely, local librarians. I see them typically three times a week. I have a bit of an obsessive personality when it comes to reading.

These are the women who grab a new book when it first comes in anticipating that I will love/want it. These are the women who despite, Lancaster Counties new five hold limit policy, will override the system and add the extra items I desire onto my list.

These are the women who upon hearing about my weekend collected their favorite pick recommendations to send me away with. I love these women in my life as well as many others not mentioned.

6 comments:

Dahlia said...

Sweet post...I need women like the ones you have in my life!! :)

whitney allison said...

Like me, I'm just gonna go ahead and say you love me. What? I'm not needy. Can't wait to see you soon!!!

Sommer said...

I'm so glad you were able to go on a weekend trip with your hubby. You have a great support system!

Mindee Graver said...

your library has a 5 hold limit! Ours is only 2!! UHG! I hate it! I just put more holds on my kids cards and Ben's ;) Hope you guys had a fun weekend getaway =)

jaime said...

Hope you had a fun trip! :)

Jenny said...

So nice to have such women in your life. We are moving Feb. 26th. One more month.