Tuesday, January 19, 2010

She's Always My Baby To Me


Bella got her ears pierced. I love it and I hate it.
I guess she's all grown up. I wish I could keep her young forever. I wish she would always think of me as a perfect mom. I wish she would always climb in my lap curling up like a baby to be held. I wish she would always think I was the funniest person ever. I wish that she would always be perfect and innoncent like she is now. I am filled with horror that she is almost eight, that these years have passed me by, that I have somehow missed something, that they have gone too fast. I hate that she will now be responsible spiritually for her own mistakes. I would gladly take a lifetime of her sins upon my shoulders. I hate that I feel so strongly about something that shouldn't be that big of a deal. I think I may be having a midlife crisis.

6 comments:

Adams said...

I think you should put a copy of this in her baby book or scrapbook....so she will always know how much you love her and really would do anything for her. You are a good Mamma.

Sommer said...

I agree with the above comment, you are an amazing mother. I'm already getting those panic feelings, and this sickening feeling in my stomache. It really hit me last night as the sun was setting and it was getting darker I just started panicking and feeling so sad that another day had passed, and that the days are goign so fast I can't seem to soak up enough. I feel like I'm missing something all the time and am terrified of even a year from now wishing I would have enjoyed the boys more, because that's how I feel about a year ago, you know? I guess I could really relate to this post.... and I think it should be a big deal because it is. It's the hardest and bestest part of being a mom, watching your children grow up.

We Three Queens said...

Welcome to my world. It's exactly what I'm talking about when I describe the decisions I have to make when it comes to Emile and Brie. At times I wish I could have them stay little and innocent... of course I know that's not the way Heavenly Father intended it to be, so I release my arms and let them go. It's very difficult some days. It's amazing how fast the time goes by... how quickly we're not "needed" anymore. There is some sadness associated with watching your children grow up and become independent as well. At least we have the sweet and tender memories (and written accounts) of these important milestones.

Mary, you are a fantastic woman, wife, mother... and example to all of us. I'm certain your children recognize that and think you're pretty darned cool too!!

Solviej said...

It doesn't strike me as a thing from a midlife crisis, just an everyday part of being a Mum. I think I feel it more now, like you, knowing I don't plan on having anymore. You're a great Mother and you have kids you can be proud of. What more can you ask for;)

Staigerfamily said...

What a beautiful girl . . . reading this made me get all choked up! Is this the same girl that was struggling to toddle across your apartment to us? Taking naps in the playpen during church? Sleeping in the back room while we played games? Amazing--where does the time go??!

Biz said...

I LOVE this girl. I'll bet you second to you, I love her more than anyone else.

Okay, MAYBE Travis.