Sunday, January 17, 2010

C...C...C...Cold

NOTE: Excuse my car's very dirty windows - DONT JUDGE ME!
Seriously I am used to the cold for the most part. Not that I don't feel it, I do, I am just not dying because I am almost always hot. But while driving to my mom's this past week I expected the river to have some serious ice chunks floating since it hasn't gotten above 25 for three weeks or so. Instead I saw that most of the river is frozen, over half, and that the snow is laying on top of the ice.

(Up - Northern View, Down - Southern View)

And for my Utah friends, this is a river. The Mighty Susquehanna, and it measures one mile wide here. So over half of the river being frozen on top with snow is a major feat. Now if it insists upon being this cold for much longer I'm going to need more snow, at least three more feet of it :)

2 comments:

We Three Queens said...

It is time for more snow.

jaime said...

Wow.. i haven't been over that way for a while.. that's crazy!

And I totally agree... don't mind it being cold as long as I can play in some SNOW!!