Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I Learn...

as Bella plays. Today the kids were playing "hobo". They run away and start a new life somewhere else. (I attribute this game to our endless moving practices, which will hopefully be abated.) Typically they set up their new life and home in one of the walk in closets in our home. This time Bella left me a note when she ran away.
I scanned it but it wasn't a good image so I'll give you the verbatim copy.
"Mom, I moving mom. I love you but you push me to much. Heart Love Bella." Ouch I saw the truth in that even though this was pretend play.
Still I don't have the answer to the question that has perplexed me since receiving this note? How do you teach your kids to do their best and work really hard, but not push them. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Solviej said...

If you ever find the answere to your question you could become a very rich woman:)

Sommer said...

hmmmmm very good question to which I have no where found a happy medium too.