Thursday, July 3, 2008

Liberty Bell Broken?

So recently we went to Philadelphia and saw Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. If you didn't know this scan down the page. Anyway ever since my kids have been spotting the Liberty Bell all over: on stamps, random pamphlets, on all fourth of July stuff. Issac shouts Bell, Liberty Bell, Bell cracked, Cracked Liberty Bell slightly reminiscent of Rain Man. Anyway...the other day after Issac went on his cracked liberty bell tirade, Travis asked "How did the bell get cracked, Issac?" To which Issac replied without hesitation, "Wyatt. Wyatt did it." We were dying laughing. Travis then said no Wyatt didn't do it, to which Issac replied, "Bella, Bella did it." By this point we were hysterical. Now when we ask how'd the bell get cracked he says he did it hoping to get that same laugh. Funny kid.



Next update in my life is that I now play on a geriatric volleyball league. So our babysitter the one night was saying how she was sore from playing volleyball. She is nineteen and I asked her where she was playing. She said that she played with the young single adults, but that she knew someone in our ward who played on a city league that she'd get me on.

So I got a call from this other women. She quizzed me about how good I am. Is there a right answer to this. I have no idea what there skill level is so I don't want to say good, if they are super competitive, yet I'm no slouch either. So...I tell her I'm decent. She says okay. Later though she confirms that I play three hits and does a background experience check. What can I say I never played in high school or college, but seriously unless you are playing competitve collegiate ball or better I can manage.

Anyway I go to my first game last night and they are all like 60+ except three other players. There are actually like twelve on our team. You never know who will show. But in the game last night only three of us were under 60 I think. NO lie. Needless to say the grannies weren't bad, but something about moving to get the ball befuddled them, even the one other girl who despite being my age was a little bigger and so not quick on her feet.

Truth be told though I would rather play geriatric ball than no ball at all. So here's to a season with the "Oldies but Goodies" no lie that's our name.

2 comments:

candice said...

I agree something is better than nothing,but I'm trying to imagine you- Miss Super-Flexible-backroll-splits-dive for the ball girl with 60 yr olds!!! I can laugh, but you're still doing more than I am at this point!!! Congrats on finding an outlet, I know how you love to compete!! BTW, I saw your post on Stacy's blog. Madsen's are moving also, but April Hemphill has spoken for their house. Tracy thinks she'll be moving soon, with the situation, the previous owner's told me to tell them ASAP so they could buy it for their daughter. There's a rumor the Allen's want to downsize as well... I'm telling you, houses in our ward don't sit long at all!!

whitney allison said...

That Isaac is pretty funny. I read it to Shawn and we were both laughing.