Monday, July 28, 2008

Golden Birthday


On July 27, I turned 27 so yes that is a golden birthday for all who are uninformed. It wasn't till I was in college that I learned all about this nonsense, and two months ago that Travis learned all about it. Well he put two and two together and voila, we had a golden celebration.



Yes he mocked me incessantly, but that is how he shows his love. So I enjoyed a gold tablecloth, gold cups, forks, bowls, napkins, etc... I had gold cards made by the kids and last but not least he got me my very own golden crown. The night before we went out to dinner and to see Mamma Mia. The actual day we had family festivities and dessert. Thanks for the bag Mindee, when you said you had something I suspected it might be a purse. You rock.

8 comments:

Anja said...

Happy Birthday, I think we're getting old!

Biz said...

Oh.. sweet phallic symbol candle.

ambyr said...

what! i had no idea I was older than you! You seemed so much more mature and you had kids way before me!!! happy birthday!!

whitney allison said...

You stole my title! Almost...
But it's a good thing you explained what it meant because I've had a few people just think I'm full of myself for calling my birthday golden.

Stacy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!! It sounds like you had a great time. But I think if you were here in UTAH we would of had a blast!!!!!! haha
Now do I get to call you one of the GOLDEN GIRLS haha! love you HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Mindee Graver said...

Sunday was a lot of fun, I'm glad you like the purse, I was hoping you would :) You only get your Golden B-Day once!! Travis sure made it "Special" ..... in his own way!

Staigerfamily said...

Happy Happy GOLDEN birthday. I had no idea 27 was golden. . . what's 29?

Beckie said...

Happy birthday and I love your bag!