Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ever Wonder???

Ever wonder what five hundred and seventy dollars worth of groceries look like? Yeah me neither. Until last night that is...and for those of you who are curious here it is.
So for some time Travis and I have wanted to beef up our food storage. We knew we needed to do it soon and before we lost all of our motivation. So last night we decided for Family Home Evening we would talk about food storage and what the Prophet expects. Something we had discussed before but did again to get the kids really excited so that when we went shopping for this food they would be excited and cooperate in the store, unlike our typical shopping experiences. Here is a picture of our before dwindling food storage.
Here is an after picture of our additional $570 worth of food added to the food storage. It feels really good. Although to be honest $570 didn't get me quite as much as I wanted. Here's to doing it again in another month when our funds and patience are rejuvenated.

5 comments:

Anja said...

Good for you guys! My food storage consists of a less than 10 dry pack cans from the cannery b/c I have no where in my house to put anything! I wish I had the room that you do!

whitney allison said...

Your my food storage hero. I went to an enrichment recently where they told us, "a good way to start small is by saving your soda bottles and filling them with water." So I've been doing that...so far we won't die of thirst for at least a week.

Staigerfamily said...

Way to go! I am super impressed taht you thought to take pictures. I love the before and after.

Mendy said...

I am seriously impressed, Mary! That looks like awesome food storage to me. I really need to clean out my pantry so I have more room, then I need to head to Costco. You've inspired me!

Anonymous said...

Wow good job!!! They will not allow us to have much food storage. Call it food hoarding. What ever. Since i have been here we have had a typhoon and a small earthquake. I am justified in food hoarding!!! Looks awesome.