Monday, May 12, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Babes

This is a real converstion I had with Bella the other day. I had just gotten her off the bus at 2:30 and was trying to squeeze in a quick nap. I told her to lay with me and talk me to sleep knowing that she herself would also fall asleep if she laid for any amount of time. But I digress:

Me: So how was school today?
Bella: Good
M: Tell me something interesting that happened at school or on the bus.
B: Well this boy on the bus kept saying to me "what are you looking at?"
M: Why did he keep saying that?
B: Because I was looking at him.
M: Why were you looking at him.
B: This boy is so hot. (For the record I do not approve of my 6 yr. old using this phrase)
M: I open my eyes and look at her waiting for further explanation.
B: Well, Mom, this boy is so hot and I was looking at him. And the girl I sit on the bus with says what are you looking at. And I tell her I am looking at that boy. And she says to him, she is staring at you. So he says to me what are you looking at. I say nothing and look away. But then I look at him again, because he is so hot, mom. And he looks up and says what are you looking at and I say nothing. And I keep looking and he keeps saying what are you looking at.
M: Why didn't you tell him you thought he was cute instead of staring and saying nothing?
B: (Totally disgusted with me for asking such a dumb question) Mom, I didn't want him to throw up.

6 comments:

Biz said...

Even though this is a repeat story for me, I LOVE IT AGAIN.

I have told this story to many people including a teching moment at work to my department since your first relaying of it to me. EVERYONE laughs.

Mindee Graver said...

Ahh, welcome to the "pre-teen" years with a girl. I too have had many conversations similar to this with Bethanee. Many, Many more to come, just wait until they are teenagers!

Candace said...

man, oh man...I really want boys now!!!

The Doctors Wife said...

Oh yes, the "he's hot" phrase. Yes, we've experienced it too. good luck.

whitney allison said...

That girl is hilarious! And her mother's daughter I might add.

Staigerfamily said...

This is too funny. I love it!