Thursday, May 29, 2008

Heaven Help Me

Issac will be two and a half this Sunday, to the day. So the day(s) I have feared are here. I must soon begin the potty training that makes me cringe with fear for a couple months straight. Fear of accidents, of fights, of the whole process. You would think I am a newbie, but no I have done this twice before which is why my fear is totally justifiable.

This is the longest I have ever gone without starting, but I figured it would first be good to give the kid some stability. Or maybe it was just an excuse to procrastinate the inevitable. Either way, wish me luck. I will need it.

7 comments:

Anja said...

Good luck! I'm so not looking forward to doing this with Chase! You'll have to share your secrets later!

The Doctors Wife said...

I am wishing you luck. I'm starting the same process with Lindsay. I finally got Brian potty trained this past December. It will be so nice to have just Katie in diapers.

ambyr said...

help me mary!!! Luke just started on monday and I'm already ready to quit. what are your secrets!!!

Beckie said...

I feel you, my friend! Isaiah and I began the battle once again two days ago. So far it has gone considerably better, but I am not fond of the whole ordeal!

Mary said...

Does or Has any mother every felt confident in this area?

Staigerfamily said...

Good luck. Thank heavens my next one to potty train is only two weeks old--allows for more procrastination!

nicole said...

uh.. I hate it and even though Josh has been ready for ages I'm procrastinating it. I tried with Michael at 18 months-disaster... so with William I waited till he was almost three and it was so much easier.