Thursday, May 10, 2012

No Need For Laser Hair Removal.

Two days ago while watching Kathy Lee and Hoda while running on the treadmill, Kathy Lee teased Hoda because she had one arm laser hair removed, but hadn't had time to finish the second.  Yesterday I found the solution to her problem.  In microseconds I had removed all my arm hair.

I was making dinner for a new family in the ward, working on a big report with my daughter, getting the boys ready for scouts, and issuing chore orders to the residual children who weren't already engaged in another activity.  In retrospect too much multitasking to be sure, but so is the day in my life - the life of any mother.  I had been starting the grill without success because our automatic starter has a life and will of its own and cooperates only when it sees fit.  Yesterday was not one of those days.  So after thirty or so attempts I left the gas running, ran into the house, grabbed matches, ran back outside, lit it first, opened the lid, and tossed the match within a second - with all the busyness no time to think.

Alas I had failed to anticipate that upon opening the grill cover with an already lit match that all the gas would come pouring out.  Hence my thrown match lit the air on fire long before landing in the grill tossing and engulfing me in a rather large fireball.  Within seconds the gas had burned off through the air, the fire extinguished itself and my cat like ninja reflexes let me jump back, shut the lid and let out a little squeal.  Luckily there was no long term damage.  A little redness and tenderness on one arm that had been holding the grill lid open, but a total lack of hair as well. 
Today the burnt hair smell is gone from my arm along with the redness and any residual tenderness.  Additionally I have felt the hand of the Lord once more as I come out of this unscathed.  Because I kid you not, the fireball was a thing I have only seen in movies like Backdraft and such, prior to yesterday.  But now that I have literally been inside one, I feel very lucky.

2 comments:

Laura Lynn said...

Yikes! Glad you're ok and it just singed. 3rd degree burns reeeally hurt.

The Congers said...

Wow that is nuts, well good think you are ok.