Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Sporting Goods Section and Me

Who am I?
  • I've never gotten a gift that didn't come from the sporting goods section of the store.
  • I get super deep dark tan in the sun.
  • I like to tell jokes like "Pete and Repeat were walking down the street. Now Pete is gone. Who is left?" followed by answers "You're right and then it starts all over again" or "Pete-ra-tee".
  • I am nothing like my dad, yet my middle name comes from his side of the family.
  • I look exactly like my mom when she was younger and pretty much the same as she does now.
  • As a baby I cried nonstop but at about 3 I flipped a switch and have been the happiest boy ever since.
  • I'm fearless.
  • I have blond hair, and my blue eyes from babyhood at age 3 1/2 changed to bluish, greenish, and gray all mixed.
  • Today is my birthday and I am five.
  • When asked what would make my birthday a good one, I quickly replied "Breakfast in bed with french toast, bacon, apple rings, cereal, and orange juice which you can put on my dresser."
Answer: Issac Ames
If you haven't guessed by now, I'm totally enamored with this boy. My little Issac man! He cracks Travis and me up daily. He is a life force to be reckoned with. And even today as Kody declares, "I don't like Jesus" a post for a different day, Issac says "Kody you have to like Jesus, otherwise you die. Because he is the Savior, Save-your." Issac will someday be a crazy man standing in front of a tornado saying bring it on, I'm not afraid. I'm tougher than you. And you know what he just might be. I think this smiling madman just might be able to conquer the world.

5 comments:

whitney allison said...

That kid is a crack up for sure! I can't believe he's 5. You're so old.

Adams said...

What a cute tribute!

Emmalee said...

my personal favorite is "I'm gonna beat up" right after he just got in trouble about it with his dad, or "Hey mom is that girl up yet" Give him a big hug for me and tell him happy birthday. i'm so glad that i got to come and meet your kids they are so great and i can't wait until the next time ya'll come to texas because you better come see me at my house then go to Travis' parents=)

Emmalee said...

I meant Beat you up

Laura Lynn said...

How could you not be, he is so cute!