Friday, November 5, 2010

A Disease - I Think

It's something about that thin sheet of plastic on appliances and electronics that shouts to me, "do not touch". I know that most people remove it when they first get the item. I just can't do it. I recently did my washer and dryer, this set now almost 9 years old. My cell phone which is about four years old still has it on. And I have a certain 3 strike your out policy for ordering new phones. Well strike 1 and 2 have come with this phone, for malfunctions, and then this last week I went to retrieve it to find that one of the kids, I suspect Kody or Issac, was rough with my phone and cracked the LCD display. Now that I am getting a new phone can I remove the plastic piece on the verge of throwing it out. And as I sit her typing on my laptop I got for Mother's Day I see that all the plastic is fabulously intact around the monitor driving my friend absolutely nuts every time she uses it. I've tried to take it off twice, I just can't. My mother was the same way, covering her dryer with towels to preserve their newness. Perhaps it's a disease, if not, then I am just a freak.

4 comments:

whitney allison said...

Before I even got to the end all I could think was, wow, she is her mother's daughter for sure! You're a nerd.

Adams said...

How do you feel about plastic on couches?

Unknown said...

Ha! And I'm the opposite. I LOVE taking the plastic covers off!! Can I come over and take them off for you?! :)

We Three Queens said...

I'm with Maria. I'm a peeler. In fact, I love to partially peel, re-stick, and peel again. They say admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovering. hahaha ☺