Friday, May 14, 2010

What is Proper?

It's not a question I ask very often, since I don't usually ascribe to that philosophy. Lately I have been driving along merrily on my way sometimes rushed sometimes not. The cars in front of me have slowed down significantly, pulled over to the side of the road to let me pass, or sent their daughter climbing through the backseat to take a picture on her cell phone. Then after a girls' weekend and me as designated driver, my girlfriend said I rode on people's tails really bad. I was starting to get that with the other experiences. And I don't mean to tailgate. I think I just have a closer following distance where I feel still safe and in control. But I don't want to bother people so I ask: What is the proper following distance? And don't answer one car space for every ten miles like the driver's manual says because that is redunkulous. And I'm telling you right now I have no plans to follow that nonsense. People weigh in.
(P.S. I don't follow this closely although I once did own a blue Dodge Omni like this.)
And second...I have been searching high and low for curtains for my office with little success. I want them to be blue and green and if it has small accents of red all the better. Pretty similar to my blog background right now with the blue and green. But I'll accept any blue green combos. I've checked IKEA, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Linens and Things, Walmart, and Target. Any other ideas of where to look? And if you spot some send me a link. I'll be eternally grateful.

Which is what I am feeling towards my husband today for no reason at all. Man I love that dude. And how is this post for stream of consciousness? Are you following?

4 comments:

Biz said...

I have long since noticed you've done this. I could have told you this years ago but preferred to keep our good relationship in tact.

That is all.

Lindsay said...

It was ME! I said you are a major tailgater. I still think you're a safe driver, Mary. You have to be able to see the tires on the car in front of you. How's that for a rule of thumb?

Emmalee said...

Look at jcpenny I know that sounds weird but they have cute curtains. That's were I got mine.

Cori said...

I've been told to keep 3 seconds between you and the preceding car... but I tend to tailgate a little too =)