Sunday, May 30, 2010

My Testimony

As I drove home today I pondered the experiences from the past weeks. I pondered Travis's coworker, whose baby was born with a heart problem and rushed to another hospital for surgery. I reflected on our friend's daughter, 11, who was in a bike/car accident and ended up at Hershey Medical Center for multiple injuries and many days of medically induced coma to relax her and allow for brain swelling to go down. I smiled tearfully at the thought of my brother recently diagnosed with a fatal cancer rubbing Kody for a whole hour during church today putting him into a relaxed and cuddly state of calmness. I questioned the second miscarriage of my sister-in-law who wants nothing more than to have one more child. I felt peace at the beautiful funeral of my sweet grandma who no longer is faced with the infirmities of her mortal body. I choked up as I watched a tender moment between a father and his daughter and I felt sad that I will never know that kind of love or father/daughter relationship. I alternately laughed and mourned with my good friends who are moving shortly as they bestowed many generous gifts to me that they didn't want to move with them. And I wept openly as I heard a good friend and father figure leave a solemn testimony of the Savior's life and death for all of us.

And the words have come to me quickly and repeatedly throughout the afternoon "He is the way." I hurry to the Internet to track down the song filling my mind with peace.

And after hearing it in my mind many times and buying the sheet music, I testify that I know that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father are over all. That their power and glory reign supreme and with perfection. That although I may not understand everything they do and I may not have all the information that my faith in them is so strong and pure that I submit my will and my life to them. And I accept my sadness, worry, and loss for the moment and then I change it all to faith, hope, and joy because through them all will be made right. Someday when we move past this Earthly existence we will stand before the Lord again and his love will be sufficient and his sacrifice more powerful than all the pain, injury, and mortality that this life offers. I know that his life, his atonement was made for me and that "he is the way".

4 comments:

Adams said...

Thank you, Mary. I needed that.

ambyr said...

just loved this post. it's so good to reflect. hope you guys have a fabulous memorial day!!!!

Solviej said...

Beautiful.

We Three Queens said...

Thank you Mary.