Friday, May 21, 2010

Photo Friday

On Wyatt's Kindergarten fieldtrip, yesterday, to Lake Tobias my little group stumbled onto this.

The one boy asked, "What are they doing?" I responded "I don't know." After a bit another older group of boys, middle schoolish, comes over and one says "Look they are mating." To which the same little boy asks me, "What does mating mean?" to which I reply, "I don't know."

I know this was probably the wrong answer, but what was the right answer, these are 5 and 6 year olds.

4 comments:

Sommer said...

good grief I don't know what I would have said. I have a hard enough time trying to explain to the boys that it's not ok to touch themselves in the bath tub! What a funny thing to come across though!

whitney allison said...

HAHA! What a great thing to stumble upon. I think you were right, I mean, if it were just your kid you can explain away with all the details you want, but you can't do that with other people's kids...

ambyr said...

awesomeness. I would have been right there with you. maybe making babies?? hump dancing?? HA!! who knows!!!

We Three Queens said...

I would have said they were playing leap frog. Yeah right. I would have said "non ya biznez.. go ask yo momma," Yeah right, again. I think I would have laughed out loud and explained that mating (in this situation) means making new baby turtles. Just remember this: KISS=Keep It Simple Stupid! I still think I'd be laughing though.