Friday, April 30, 2010

I Wonder?

Although often told as a young child not to look directly at the sun, my inner rebel won out and I must admit I have and more than once. Anyone who has done this knows the power and magnitude. I am in awe of it. Many years later I find myself telling my kids this same thing..."Don't look directly at the sun." And still like a moth to light I am drawn to it. And so the confession continues that I have looked at it through the shelter of hands and squinty holes, with hosts of different sunglasses on, and through my eyelids - this being my absolute favorite way to do it. And as I lay in the sun filled grass with the camera by my side, it didn't surprise me to know that I just had to find out what the sun looked like through the filter of the lense.
Have you ever wondered about something and fulfilled the urge to find the answers?

3 comments:

We Three Queens said...

Love this post! What and amazing pictures. I really enjoy the thoughts that flutter around inside your head. I really needed to see this today.

Carrie said...

Gah! My eyes! I love your confessions.

Sommer said...

Wow, even just looking at the pictures it kind of hurt my eyes! What neat pictures!