Friday, April 18, 2008

My Boy and His Balls

Issac is a maniac. Seriously...I love the boy, but he is just so different than Wyatt and Dakota who are so similar in nature - mellow and laid back. Issac is obsessive, and his current obsession is balls. It has lasted for at least three months now, so I figured it was worth noting.

The boy wakes up every morning, picks out a shirt with a ball on it. He is not particular, it can be a basketball, football, soccer ball, baseball, whatever. Once dressed in it he starts his morning search for his ball of choice for the day. Once he has found the ball it is his constant companion even once he is back tucked in his bed for the night.

And heaven forbid the same ball should be his companion two days in a row, no it has to be a new one. And heaven forbid I should actually run out of shirts with balls on them. And he has to wear something else. He will actually get his dirty clothes out of the laundry just to have a ball shirt.

One particular day I wanted him to wear one of those one piece snap outfits. He decided that would be fine, but since it had a bike picture on it instead of a ball, he just put a ball shirt over top. That's my boy.

Anyway...I don't know what this will mean for his future. I get the impression that he will like sports. Everything about his nature tends to lean towards athleticism and he is quite coordinated at two. He throws and kicks like a champ with aim and everything. Now if we could just get him to catch consistently, he may be the next star athlete. Who knows, but it amuses me.

3 comments:

OwenEveryone said...

Hi Mary!!
You really surprised me with your comment on my blog!! I was like Mary... Do I know a Mary in PA.... it took me a minute and then dumby me figured out... oh why don't you click on her name and it will take you to her blog!(I hadn't gone to my actual blog at this point or I would have seen your picture and non of this commenting would be neccesary!)
Just wanted to say hi! Glad to see someone else in the family blogs too!! I love keeping in touch through the blogging world!!
Tell Travis HI! see ya around!

GRACE

whitney allison said...

Nice title freakface!

Staigerfamily said...

I love this picture! He is so cute! I can't believe how big he looks! If it makes you feel any better--Nathan has become incredibly attached to. . . a bible. yep. He won't let it out of his hands. It is one of those bright orange Gideon ones--who knows where it came from--but he sleeps with it, eats next to it, carries around with him everywhere . . . yes, we are getting REALLY weird looks about it--but the kid seriously can't live without the thing!