Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Beautiful

I'm obsessed. This house thing is killing me. If it isn't over one thing then it is over another. I can't seem to get my mind to be quiet. But this past Sunday was one of reflection. I just wanted the silence of thoughts that pop in and pop out without rustling all the other ones. I wanted the eclectic mix of thinking about dinner, then fish, then summer activities, then the weather and so on and so forth as your mind wanders freely with a loose link from one thought to the next.

And fasting has a way of bringing me peace, hunger too, but mostly peace. And I got what I wanted for the most part. Sunday was silent. Especially on the tail of a spiritual experience. Then the week came, fasting ended, and Monday and Tuesday are filled with a battle of keeping my thoughts checked to a muted chatter.

I opened my email to get this one from my brother. It was a perfect way to remember Sunday, two days old, but mainly forgotten. Typically not my thing, but it really is. So here is a link for you all. Remeber to turn off my music.

http://www.eastvalleyproductions.com/blog.cfm?postID=31

1 comment:

ambyr said...

Wow, I just emailed about 50 people and told them to go check this out. I love it. thanks for sharing:)